Council Bluffs Trees Forever – School Grant Application
- This is a 50/50 matching fund grant for the purchasing and planting of trees.
- The matching may be in the form of dollars and/or in-kind planting labor. If the entire project is contracted, the match will be 50% of the total (material and labor). When in-kind labor is utilized, an additional 25% of the entire project may be paid by Council Bluffs Trees Forever.
- The grant shall be submitted to Council Bluffs Trees Forever a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to the proposed planting date. The planting window is in the Spring (April) and in the Fall (October).
- A site plan is required, which contains the following information.
- Number of trees
- Location of trees
- Species of trees
- Tree size requirements of Council Bluffs Trees Forever:
*1″ diameter at 6″ above the ground for deciduous trees
*3’-0” to 4’-0” tall for evergreen trees
*a one-year warranty is required from the vendor of the trees
- Planting method (shall meet safety guidelines of property owner)
- Phasing of work, if required (multi-year project)
- Along with the plan, submit the following information.
- Estimated costs of the total project
- The reason(s) for the tree planting
- The proposed planting schedule
- The proposed maintenance schedule
- Council Bluffs Trees Forever reserves the right to adjust the amount of money granted based on available funding and number of applications.
- All applications shall contain the signature, telephone number, and e-mail address of the person submitting the application or (of the Superintendent of Schools or Designee if submitted by a school district), and the project coordinator, if different than the applicant signature.
- Council Bluffs Trees Forever shall reimburse applicants upon completion of project and verification of expenditures. Send the completed application to:
Council Bluffs Trees Forever
208 Antioch Drive
Council Bluffs, IA 51503